Filing a Charge

To file a criminal charge (complaint) against a person, you will need to file an incident report with the Hartselle Police Department. After obtaining your report, come to the Court Clerk's Office with your report during regular business hours to schedule an appointment for a probable cause interview with a magistrate. Appointments will not be scheduled by phone.

The Court Clerk's Office is located in the:                                                                                                                                                                                         Hartselle Municipal Building                                                                                                                                                                                                                   611 Chestnut St NW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Hartselle, AL  35640