For tickets requiring a court appearance, you must appear in court on the date listed on the ticket. You will appear before the Municipal Judge and enter a plea on the charge(s).
If you plead guilty, the Judge will determine the amount of the fine and costs and you will be able to pay at that time. If you are not able to pay in full, you may qualify for probation.
If you plead not guilty, your case will be set to a trial date.
Certain traffic offenses requiring a court appearance include, but are not limited to:
- Driving while license suspended, revoked or canceled
- Passing a school or church bus
- Reckless Driving
- Failure to register vehicle
- Racing on highway
- Improper Passing - double yellow lines
- Crossing Median
- Open Container
- Ignition Interlock Violations
- Any offenses within in a construction zone