Hartselle Parks and Recreation will be reopening Monday, June 1, 2020. However, it is important to note that this reopening will be different than in the past. In order to protect the safety of our employees and guests, there will be some restrictions, outlined below. Please understand that they are subject to change as days go forward and they could change in either direction based on data and recommendations from the Alabama State Department of Public Health and local information.
- Sparkman Civic Center will be open Monday through Friday from 7:30am – 3:30pm. These will be the “normal” posted hours. This is subject to change based on room and center rentals.
- All rooms and gymnasiums are available for use/rentals. Social distancing guidelines will be in effect and the responsibility of the civic center patrons.
- No “open gym” basketball at this time
- Weight room will not be open at this time
- All events/tournaments are subject to review and approval by the Parks and Rec team. Approvals will be largely based on the ability to meet and maintain CDC social distancing recommendations and guidelines.
- Playgrounds will open June 1, 2020 including the SNAP Playground and the Downtown Park. Social distancing guidelines will be required at all times and are the responsibility of the playground users
- All pavilions will be available for rental beginning June 1, 2020. Pavilions can be reserved and rented by contacting the Civic Center office as usual. Social distancing guidelines will be required at all times
- Splash Pad at the SNAP Playground will not be operational
- Dog Park & Skate Park will open June 1, 2020. Social distancing guidelines will be required at all times and are the responsibility of the playground users
- Farmer’s Market is open. Social distancing guidelines will be required at all times.
- Sparkman Pond is open. Please get your permit at the Civic Center to fish in the pond
- To reserve athletic fields for team practice, contact the Civic Center office at 256 773 2581
- Please follow instructions and information provided by Hartselle Parks and Recreation staff
The City of Hartselle and Hartselle Parks and Recreation ask for your patience and cooperation as we all operate in this new place and time we find ourselves in currently.
All rules, regulations and changes are made to protect our guests, patrons and Hartselle City Employees. Please enjoy the amenities offered by the City of Hartselle and Hartselle Parks and Recreation, but follow new guidelines and restrictions.
Those who violate the guidelines and policies will be asked to leave the properties and not return.
Have a safe, healthy and happy summer!