Position: Court Magistrate
Minimum Starting pay: $15.48/hour
- Four years of office and customer service experience. Prefer Certified Magistrate with two years court/office experience. (If not certified must be able to obtain certification within one year of hire date.)
- Computer proficiency including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and other types of office software. Ability to operate other standard office equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other employees, city officials, other community organizations and the general public.
- Ability to answer multi-line phone system and provide exemplary customer service.
- Must be bondable and meet requirements to become a Notary Public.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check that includes misdemeanors and a credit check.
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s License and evidence of a safe driving record.
Employment application may be obtained at City Hall or online.
All completed applications must be received by March 9th at 4:00 pm.
The City of Hartselle is an Equal Opportunity Employer