After many hours of discussion, a plan is in place to open the Hartselle Aquatic Center this season. This planned opening is completely contingent upon the ability to hire and train the required number of lifeguards to staff the center. At the current time we do not have the number necessary to operate.
Human Resources and Parks and Recreation staff are working diligently to recruit and hire guards to fill the needed positions. Also, training is being lined up when the hires are made.
Please read entire list of below. Very important information.
Also, all pre purchased passes will be refunded, please see below for refund information.
- Planned opening date June 18
- Days of Operation Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (Contingent on number of available trained lifeguards)
- Hours of Operation 10:00 am until 6:00 pm (Contingent on number of available trained lifeguards)
- Maximum patrons allowed inside center at any one time will be 250
- No pass outs to leave the center and return will be allowed.
- No pass sales (See below for refund information on already purchased passes)
- Admission will be $5.00 per person per day. Under 3 admission is free
- All guests under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age
- Adult Water Aerobics available Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7:00 am until 8:00 am
- Adult Lap Swim available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 7:00 am until 8:00 am
- No parties during public operating days and hours
- Private parties available Sundays 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm & 4:00 PM – 6:00 pm (Groups of 50 or smaller, other than members of the same household, must remain six feet apart from other party guests)
- All attendees, except those from the same household, must remain 6 feet apart from other attendees, in the water as well as anywhere at the center (No exceptions)
- No lounge chairs will be provided
- No outside chairs will be allowed inside the center
- Thin pads to place under towels will be allowed
- No outside coolers or food allowed inside center
- Limited number of tables with umbrellas will be available
- Lazy River, diving boards, slides, climbing wall and water toys will not be used or in operation
- No rentals of floats, balls, toys, goggles, etc.
- No personal floats, balls, noodles, toys etc. allowed inside
- Personal goggles and flotation devices (floaties or swimmies for younger kids) will be allowed
- Concessions limited to prepackaged items and bottled Coca Cola products
- No swimming lessons this season
- No large groups from local daycares, church camps, day camps, etc.
- Follow instructions and information from Aquatic Center employees (No exceptions)
- Splash Pad will not be opening at this time (This could change at a later date)
All preseason purchased passes will be refunded
For refunds please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Names of each member of the family a pass was purchased for
Purchases made with a credit card will be refunded via the same card
Purchases made with cash or check will be refunded by check
Refunds for 2020 souvenir cups:
- Return the cup or cups to the Aquatic Center or the Civic Center Office
- Fill out refund request form and return for processing (A check will be mailed to you)
Days and hours of operation may change without notice depending on the number of available trained lifeguards.
Changes may also occur if new rules or regulations are implemented by the Alabama State Department of Public Health or other regulatory organizations.
The City of Hartselle and Hartselle Parks and Recreation asks for your patience and understanding as we work through a very different season this year.
The above-mentioned items will be strictly adhered to without exception for the safety of our attendees and guests, as well as our Aquatic Center employees. Anyone not adhering to the guidelines will be asked to leave the facility and will not be allowed to return.
It is the desired intent to have the Aquatic Center open and operational for our guests.